Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HELP I think mt sewing machine may have died. >

HELP I think mt sewing machine may have died.

HELP I think mt sewing machine may have died.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:13 PM

My machine is a Sears Kenmore is was a high dollar machine back when I got it. My DH even took it apart looking to make sure there wasn't a wire shorting out.
It does not light up, DH going to take it by our LQS in the morning for me I sure hope it can be fixed. If I had had just 2 more hours my quilt would have been done...
Thanks again for your time and suggestions.
I will go and try a different power cord to see if that works if I can fine one thats close to it.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:21 PM

I cant help you. But I wanted to say good luck on getting it fixed. I dont have a long arm.. but my machine crapped out and I took it to my mom and we tore it all apart.. Luckily we got if fixed because I really could not afford a new one.

I hope it can be repaired for you.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:32 AM

So sorry to hear about your machine. I don't have any advice for you, but I'm sure someone on here can help. Good luck
Old 04-08-2011, 08:13 AM

Well I took my machine to the LFS and they couldn't do anything for me, I have to take it back to Sears for them to send off. Wish me luck...
Old 04-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

I would call sears and see if there is a limited warrenty on it. If the machine is a good one and it is only a few years old, there should be some help from them to fix it.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:30 PM

I don't think so they looked and I had got it in 1994. I didn't use it for about 10 years just started useing it again about a year and half ago.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tamara
My machine is a Sears Kenmore is was a high dollar machine back when I got it. My DH even took it apart looking to make sure there wasn't a wire shorting out.
It does not light up, DH going to take it by our LQS in the morning for me I sure hope it can be fixed. If I had had just 2 more hours my quilt would have been done...
Thanks again for your time and suggestions.
I will go and try a different power cord to see if that works if I can fine one thats close to it.
Try this: REPLACE the LIGTH BULB. My older machine ( a Brother) has the kind of wiring circuit ( or whatever the technical term may be, I'm not technical) which needs to go through the light bulb to connect, likr those Xmas lights when one bulb burns out none will work. Could yours be like that, too? Some of the older models do that. Ask me how I know, felt like an idiot calling the repair shop and the guy said just to replace the bulb.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:58 AM

Sears called yesterday and they can fixed by sewing machine for $126.60. they didn't say what was wrong with it ( the guy I talked to didn't know) but it will be fixed. I know 126.00 is alot but it would cost me a lot more to get a machine that was close to the one I have. Plus I don't like change.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:36 PM

Will I got my machine back it had blown a fuse, but they did some other work on it totaling $126.60
Old 04-26-2011, 06:16 PM

Ouch!!!