Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help locating pp'd block >

Help locating pp'd block

Help locating pp'd block

Old 11-18-2016, 06:48 PM

LyndaOh - I'll have to check that out in my version of EQ. I just did a quick look see the other day. Thanks for that heads up.

Kassundra - not particularly committed to 6" blocks but those don't scare me even for a king - been there done that! Probably 8" is better to get the 'twinkle' effect that I like with this particular block/quilt. Since I'm way past my self-imposed deadline on this quilt, I'm still just in the beginning stages.

Generally, I'm not afraid of/opposed to Y seams. Have done those on a few lemoyne (sp) star quilts/variations. I'm thinking if I can break it down into a 4 section pp'd block I should be okay. I can do the center sections by pressing my seams open which I normally do but is not typical with pp'ing and that will help the blocks lay flatter. I think.

Just want to get the block piecing squared away at this point so I can go fabric shopping. Probably won't even get the piecing part down for a couple of weeks yet. Lots of real life as well as quilting life ahead of this particular project!