Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help- looking for a quilt

Help- looking for a quilt

I have a grand niece finishing HS and would love to make her a quilt to take to college with her, i thought i saw on here once that someone had made one that her friends and relatives could sign, but now i can't find it. anyone have any ideas? Thanks

rail fence works as a good signature quilt

Name:  IMG_7440.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  1.23 MB
    This is a signature quilt that I made for my husband's great-Aunt. She loves purple and pink!

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie and Me View Post
    This is a signature quilt that I made for my husband's great-Aunt. She loves purple and pink!
    There it is, that's the quilt I was looking for! I've made this as well, in peaches, tangerines, and near-rusts, for a signature quilt, but I can't locate the picture..

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie and Me View Post
    Love it. Would make an excellent signature quilt. And to cut down on the work, the blocks could be made bigger.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

thank you that is what i was looking for, is there a pattern somewhere?

It's more of a method, really. I just used 4 1/2" squares of white and creams with 3' colored squares for the corner pieces. So 1 background square and 2 corner squares for each block. Then when I sew the corner pieces on diagonally, I sew another seam a little over a 1/4" away from the first seam on the outside of the first seam...when you cut it off you have another small half-square triangle to play with. Gotta be frugal!! My center square was 8 1/2 unfinished.(8" finished) Really simple, but looks good. Make a bunch of blocks and play with the lay-out. If you have any questions, please ask...I don't always make myself clearly understood. I'm in the process of making another one for my sister's birthday next month. Need to get crackin' on that!
    You could even do a few pictures scattered throughout in the small blocks....just a thought.
    Last edited by Jennie and Me; 03-08-2012 at 12:29 PM.

thanks, when i get to putting it togather, i may have too then, could be a while, thanks