Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: help with making a rag quilt

I want to try and make a rag quilt for my sons new room. I have a panel that I want to use in the middle and try and do the rag squares on the outside. So how can I do this or should I do something different? Thank you for your help!

I have done similiar raggy quilts (with a center). Just do it like a round robin. Measure the center and decide how big the squares should be. If you don't want a square, eventually you will add extra to just top & bottom. Sorry, I can't explain well. Maybe someone else will give a better explanation.
    The photo shows a center and the 1st round.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Think you did fine explaining. Love the one you have started as well. :-)

Thank you I understand what you are saying. What do I do with the center do I put it together with the back piece and quilt it then start sewing the squares around the edges?

Quote Originally Posted by tysinger
    Thank you I understand what you are saying. What do I do with the center do I put it together with the back piece and quilt it then start sewing the squares around the edges?
    Yes, that is exactly how to do it.

Ok so now I just need to for the back and get started! Thank you very much when I get it done I will post. We just moved in to our new house and trying to make all new stuff for his room. I think my ideas are bigger then what I can do! But I can not wait to try! Thank you all again!

Yes, you treat the center just like a regular "sandwich". The only difference is you work in rounds instead of rows. Good luck!