Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Help on March block

So where is this pretty cake? I wanna see!!

I wanna see it!!! I used to do that many moons ago.....don't any more due to arthritis ...just ones for family now.... show me, show me, show me!!!!!

Well, I don't know about "PRETTY", but here it is.
    Boy, this really fits under BOM help, huh?!

this is two layers (two cakes) of chocolate cake iced with concrete-colored whipped icing. THe dragon is a FBCT (frozen buttercream transfer). The rocks are MMF (marshmallow fondant). I made the FBCT and the MMF, as well as the rest. He loved it!
    Name:  Attachment-624.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  54.7 KB

If you all wanna see more of my cakes, I have 11 (including this one) in the gallery at www.cakecentral.com
    To be able to view the pics, you have to sign up at cake central, but it is free, just takes a minute, and you can browse all the hundreds or thousands of pictures there. Might get some new ideas for a quilt block! :D
    after you become a member, you can probably click on the link below and view all 11 of mine. It won't let you look of you're not a member. :P :roll: my ID is the same there as here.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-ButtercreamCakeArtist.html

well Miranda I'm impressed. I used to do cakes and I know that like quilting even what looks simple to others takes a lot more time and talent than people realize. I gave all my stuff to my daughter when I couldn't finish a cake without my hands cramping so bad I had to stop every 5 minutes. That really makes it take a long time to finish. I did a dragon once but he was animated and cute. While yours looks like a meany, you did a fantastic job.
    kathy

I thought your cake was great! You do nice work.....is that a special recipe you made the dragon out of? I did alot of piped cakes when I was into it... the shaped pans like santa clause, darth vader, dora...etc. I still have most of my stuff but like Kathy I cramp up so bad I don't do them as a money maker anymore...just for special occasions for family....

The cake looks fantastic! Great job! I know the kid was pleased, it was a lot of work. :D You are a lady of many talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Country Quilter
    I thought your cake was great! You do nice work.....is that a special recipe you made the dragon out of? I did alot of piped cakes when I was into it... the shaped pans like santa clause, darth vader, dora...etc. I still have most of my stuff but like Kathy I cramp up so bad I don't do them as a money maker anymore...just for special occasions for family....
    No, it isn't a special recipe, it's the technique that makes it awesome. I love doing these. They are called frozen buttercream transfers. I got some clear plexi-glass (acrylic sheets) last night, so they've been hard for me to see what's going on on the right side until I put it on the cake...good thing I'm good! LOL! You can check out how this is done:
    http://sdbytracy.com/frozbutter.htm

Thanks to all of you that've posted positive words on my cake. I love making things!

Buttercream...YES! I would love to see your cake. Randy

Wheeeew! You ARE GOOD! It's a great kids cake. Randy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast