Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me from shopping!!!

Help Me from shopping!!!

Hello everyone, our local Fabricland store is closing and this week all the quilting material, actually everything in the store, went on sale for 75% off!!!! Oh no....everytime I go out to finish my Christmas shopping, I end up going back and fabric shopping!!!!!!
    Please give me words of "encouragement" to keep me out of the store!!!! hahahahahahahahahahaha
    (I'm sure evryone else would finish their Christmas shopping first!!! ) LOL

Isn't that kind of like asking a junkie to help you get off drugs?
    The only way that I can do it is to give myself a cash allowance every payday and that's all I spend. When it's gone, shopping is done until next payday. Also, if I can become excited about a project that I already have the stuff for, it keeps my mind more focused. Honestly, most of us have that same dilemma. So, I wish you good luck
    Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.
    Renee

question..... where in southern ontario is fabricland closing?? i am in southern ontario also, and if it is close enough, i would like to check it out.

You'll probably never have the opportunity again to buy at 75% off so I say "go for it'!
    Buy it now and use it later!
    Sorry no help to stop you from buying!
    Maybe they have things useful for Christmas giving!
    Scissors?
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

Um, I am a newbie so maybe I justdon't understand, but aren't you SUPPOSED to stock up while it is on sale? I say, buy some of everything!!!! :GRIN:

Blog Entries
    BUY IT NOW!!! I have been more sorry about the things that I have not bought than the things that I have bought.
    Nikki in MO

Blog Entries
    I cannot, in good conscious, tell you to NOT go and buy! How often are you able to buy fabric for 75% off? If you can fit it into your budget, then do it. I have been on a fabric diet since July 2012 and have only bought one 6 piece FQ bundle since placing myself on it. I would definately feel okay falling off the wagon to get stuff for 75% off!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Quote Originally Posted by cad_queen_2000 View Post
    question..... where in southern ontario is fabricland closing?? i am in southern ontario also, and if it is close enough, i would like to check it out.
    Woodstock Fabricland is closing and moving to Tillsonburg. Fabricland wanted a larger store in Woodstock and say they couldn't find one, so moving to Tillsonburg. I wonder if it has something with Len's Mills moving into town. The store closes Dec 29. No thread left and very few notions. I did get a Olfa cutter for 75% off and about 15 yards of material so far.

Blog Entries
    When my local Fanny's Fabrics closed I went through the Kwiksew drawer and bought dozens of patterns for about 75 cents each.

I have not sewn them all up yet, but they are great basic patterns for the whole family.
    Proud Parent of one Dwight Canada Student, my son graduated this year and is on his way to UVic.

http://dwightcanada.org/

At 75 percent off... I would fall off the wagon in a big way! Get the basics.. stuff that is timeless.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast