Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP my 1st quilt

Blog Entries

HELP my 1st quilt

I finally finished all the blocks for my very 1st quilt but have ran into a huge problem..what color to use for the sash & boarders . All the blocks are blk/wht with white stips like shown in the picture (sorry about the lighting) I was originally going to do white sash but don't like that idea now. So I am stuck! I'm thinking maybe a dark red?? I need your expert advice on this so I can at long last say I made my 1st quilt! BTW I need to make 5 more for each of the rest of my kids then it's on to one for all 8 grand babies. Each block is 12" square. Thanking you all in advance for your help.
    Name:  block.jpg
Views: 2374
Size:  184.1 KB

I think you have a lot of color choices here: red, butter yellow, bright green, turquoise or royal blue, pink, burnt orange....I would try to lay several colors next to your blocks and I am sure one will speak to you

I'm no help but I sure like what you've done so far! Good luck with getting quilts made for all your kids and grandkids!

I like the table under it. Looks like a dark maroon. Especially towards the top. Lovely blocks by the way.

Or you could skip the sashing and sew the blocks together.

Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
    Or you could skip the sashing and sew the blocks together.
    I was going to suggest this, too. I kind of love how the corners would come together.

Excellent job!

I really love black and white with a pop of color. Which ever you choose will look great. Be sure to post a picture when you decide. Good luck.

Gosh, those blocks are pretty! I could see it either way -- either no sashing, or most any color you like!

If you choose a bright color, you could even use one color for the sashing and a different (also bright) color for the border -- for example, red sashing and blueberry or turquoise border. Or bright yellow/gold sashing and red border.

If you want a quieter look, then I think a deep but not dull red would work nicely.

If this is for one of your kids, use their favorite color for the sashing. Black and white look great with almost any color. Great job on the blocks
    Denise

When I learned how to quilt, I forgot how to cook.

No outfit is complete without cat hair.

Power Poster
    Nice blocks and it would depend on who I was doing it for. If a guy, a acid green sashing might be my choice? A girl, maybe hot pink?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast