Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help! My Favorite Ruler Broke

Blog Entries

Help! My Favorite Ruler Broke

My Olipfa 18" x 3" had a small crack and it just bit the dust .Sniff , sniff I am lost without it Anyone know where I can find one reasonably priced with decent shipping? I came across several places but the shipping is extreme.Would like to find it for under $20 including shipping. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Deuteronomy 10:12-13

Power Poster
    Well it looks like it's a clean break. I leaned against my 15X15 square ruler and it broke in half. Before I pitched it someone on Qb suggested fixing it.
    1.I put it on a flat table.
    2.I ran a piece of clear tape on the bottom of the ruler on one side. (half for each side)
    3.I perfectly matched the ruler up and stuck the other side down to the first section.
    4.I made sure the edges were all lined up correctly. (on the tape)
    5.I carfully took the ruler to the table edge and opened the crack using the tape as a hinge and ran a line of super glue into the crack.
    6.I immediately put the whole ruler back flat on the table to dry being careful not the touch the drying glue.
    7.After drying it still works and this was several months ago.
    Might be worth a try?

It couldn't hurt to try gluing it like Tartan said. I actually wore the numbers off a 4" ruler I had because I used it so much.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Well it looks like it's a clean break. I leaned against my 15X15 square ruler and it broke in half. Before I pitched it someone on Qb suggested fixing it.
    1.I put it on a flat table.
    2.I ran a piece of clear tape on the bottom of the ruler on one side. (half for each side)
    3.I perfectly matched the ruler up and stuck the other side down to the first section.
    4.I made sure the edges were all lined up correctly. (on the tape)
    5.I carfully took the ruler to the table edge and opened the crack using the tape as a hinge and ran a line of super glue into the crack.
    6.I immediately put the whole ruler back flat on the table to dry being careful not the touch the drying glue.
    7.After drying it still works and this was several months ago.
    Might be worth a try?
    This is what I would try, you have nothing to lose. If it works then great if not then you can try and find another!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

No. California. The foothills of the Sierras.
    After trying the above, Joanns may have what you need. Use a coupon. Tax is cheaper than shipping.
    Sue
    Face the sun and keep your shadow at your back.
    And it never hurts to keep an angel on your shoulder.

I recently found a couple at JoAnns in the clearance section. I bought them both. I think I paid $3.50 for each!
    MistyMarie

I blued my years ago and it is still going strong. I used a glue meant for plastic..less than $2 for the tube. Saved me lots of money!
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffygirl View Post
    It couldn't hurt to try gluing it like Tartan said. I actually wore the numbers off a 4" ruler I had because I used it so much.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem View Post
    This is what I would try, you have nothing to lose. If it works then great if not then you can try and find another!
    What a fabulous tip - If it doesn't work - I would try Joann w/one of her coupons