Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: help on my quilt

Blog Entries

help on my quilt

Hello Ladies ! I would like your help on my quilt I am making for my grandaughter. I made a strawberry shortcake top and I think I want to make a fleece backing. I have never used fleece for a backing so I don't know if I should cull that idea and go with cotton instead. What do you think ?
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-21-2012 at 07:27 AM. Reason: edit title to reflect subject

Blog Entries
    I don't see why you can't use fleece. Just don't pull it too tight when you sew it together or you will have puckers everywhere. And you might even consider not putting in batting. The fleece will be warm enough.

Blog Entries
    My daughter and I made a really pretty baby quilt with fleece for the backing. This is where I'd tape if to the floor first to make sure it doesn't move and then spray baste it then put the batting down and spray baste and put the top down. We did a combination of stitch in the ditch and tying to make sure it was secure since we knew it'd would have many washing a head of it. Try not to stretch it but be prepared for a few tucks here and there; we had a few but the recievers loved it.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    good morning. I have used fleece and I do my own stippling and that worked wonderful. good luck and have fun.
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

Blog Entries
    Thank you all for your advice. Have a Blessed Day !

Blog Entries
    If you use fleece, you can skip the batting unless you want a puffy quilt. They at VERY warm.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Blog Entries
    go for it I do it all the time just don't spray baste unless you going to wash it right away and I don't use batting...the quilts come out so soft and wash great I have a couple and they have been washed over 10 times...Do use good quality fleece, use your joanne's coupon and buy the (12.99 or more a yard) best it does make a difference

I have used fleece for the backside of several quilts and all have turned out great.....if you want a super warm quilt, then use batting, or for just a "warm" quilt don't use any....either way is easy and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Anders View Post
    Hello Ladies ! I would like your help on my quilt I am making for my grandaughter. I made a strawberry shortcake top and I think I want to make a fleece backing. I have never used fleece for a backing so I don't know if I should cull that idea and go with cotton instead. What do you think ?

Fleece would be very comfy for your GD. But buy good fleece. Cheap fleece isn't worth it.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I have used fleece and liked it. I have also used it as "batting" a couple times when I wanted to make sure the quilt was nice and toasty warm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast