Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help! My sewing machine is squeaking!

Blog Entries

Help! My sewing machine is squeaking!

Hi all!

It's been a month since I've sewed anything, mainly because I'm in this Blah mood. So, the past couple days, I've cleaned the machine and am ready to sew something.

I have noticed that the machine is squeaking and it's coming from the handwheel/fan area? It happened before during my quilting Christmas gifts spree in December, but I couldn't stop and figure it out then. Sewed a couple squares this morning and it's still squeaking.

So, I thought I'd ask all you experts here, why is it squeaking and what can I do to make it stop. I know the obvious answer it to take it to the dealer and see what can be done, but I thought I'd ask first before spending loads of money on it. My machine is a Baby Lock Espire.

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate it!

Check to see that there isn't thread wrapped in a place where it shouldn't be. Give the whole machine a good cleaning.
    If that doesn't work, I don't have a clue.

I have the espire, but haven't heard it squeak before, how long has it been since it has been serviced maybe the dealer needs to oil something.

Power Poster
    It sounds like maybe it's time to get the gears dressed. If it's been a while, the tech will have to do that. I am not familiar with your machine so I can't offer any more suggestions.