Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: HELP/Need advice on sewing/embroidery machine

I am looking at purchasing a sewing/embroidery machine and need your help. I have been looking at two...Brother Project Runway Sewing and Embroidery Machine and the Brother SE-400. These machines are in my price range but I do not want to purchase one if they are not a good machine. So if I could get any feedback on this it would be greatly appreciated. Just to let you know I really enjoy this message board. I have learnt alot from all of you. Keep up the good work and everyone have a "Happy Holidays". :)

Blog Entries
    Amazon.com has the 400 for 369.99 & free shipping.

Senior Member stitchingmemories's Avatar
    I would go on Amazon to check the reviews. They are a huge help. I don't have that machine so I can't help otherwise.

I just purchased the 400, I am waiting for delivery. Reviews are good on this machine, hope it is as good as they say. ............Michele

Myself, I wouldn't buy an embroidery/sewing machine. If one part breaks, you cannot use the other. So you would be stuck with no machine. This is only my opinion.

You might want to consider purchasing two machines, one for embroidery only and one for sewing. While a dual machine sounds good, if anything goes wrong with it, you lose both capabilities. Also with two separte machines, you can be sewing while you are embroidering.

I've worked in elctronics for years and I can tell you that anytime they combine two functions into one machine, both functions suffer.

I think that machine only has a 4x4 hoop area, which you can't do much with, you should consider a 5x7 hoop. I am gonna buy the Brother PE770. :)
    http://www.mrvacandmrssew.com/brothe...age-p-724.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by lllog
    You might want to consider purchasing two machines, one for embroidery only and one for sewing. While a dual machine sounds good, if anything goes wrong with it, you lose both capabilities. Also with two separte machines, you can be sewing while you are embroidering.

I've worked in elctronics for years and I can tell you that anytime they combine two functions into one machine, both functions suffer.

Lanny
    This would be my opinion as well.

I would not buy a machine that doesn't have at least a 5x7 hoop area.
    I like the Brother machines and have had two of the Embroidery combo and both have been fantastic.
    I did get another machine so I can sew and embroider at the same time.
    I love it!
    K

I have had the 400 for about 6 months and I just love it . I also have a project runway machine, sewing only that I have had about 4 years and it has also been a really good one . They have not given me one minute of trouble. By the way I got the 400 off of ebay for about 325.00 free shiping.