Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help!!! Need new walking foot for my singer 328K >

Help!!! Need new walking foot for my singer 328K

Help!!! Need new walking foot for my singer 328K

Old 10-09-2011, 08:45 AM

My original walking foot broke, so I ordered a replacement from Sewing Parts Online 9/19/11 used it to make one rag quilt and it broke. I've just read their no hassle return policy, which says in so many words if it's broke don't bother. I've written them, but what I really need is a reliable place that I can order a walking foot for my singer 328K and get it quick, as I have 3 rag quilts to make for a foundation benefit by Nov. 3rd.

I'm not a "regular" but I spent two or three hours a day reading and looking at all the beautiful quilts.
PLEASE HELP ME!
Judy
Old 10-09-2011, 09:13 AM

I would call them with the order number handy and explain that you have received a defective even feed foot that broke in less than ___ hours of actual use and ask them to replace it.

There's no reason for an even feed to break in such a short time - they have sold you either a defective or inferior product.

There are a couple of generic types of even feed feet which are really not good at all. I would try sew-classic.com - when she has trouble with a product, she stops carrying it and I've bought several even feed feet from her that work just like the original vintage feet. http://shop.sew-classic.com/Low-Shank-Feet_c5.htm (This page is for low shank machines - I think the 328 is a low shank, right?)

Good luck - I hope you find one that works well for you. :)
Old 10-09-2011, 10:33 AM

Thanks so much!!I knew this board would solve my problem. I went to the site and have it ordered, it was even on sale! I did e mail the other company to ask about the replacement of a defective part.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:22 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for a 1/4" foot and found one on this site!