Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help! Need tablerunner pattern for formal country dining room

So I owe a favor to a friend and said I would make her a tablerunner. I asked her what color scheme she had for her dining room and she said 'gold'. Walls apparently are white, table is rectangle cherry wood.

I don't really do country patterns and this is a formal dining room so I am at a loss. Suggestions?

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    When I think country pattern I think log cabin. Also a pinwheel could be very country.
    Check out quilterscache.com. They have lots and lots of blocks to choice from.

Blog Entries
    Dresden plate in gold and creams, set in white!

Ditto

What about something like this, from Sew News? http://www.sewnews.com/articles/Beauty___Batiks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JNCT14
    So I owe a favor to a friend and said I would make her a tablerunner. I asked her what color scheme she had for her dining room and she said 'gold'. Walls apparently are white, table is rectangle cherry wood.

I don't really do country patterns and this is a formal dining room so I am at a loss. Suggestions?
    I have a nice one that isn't traditional at home (at work) right now!

PM me your email address and I will send it later on today. I have made a few of these and it is very nice. I can also send a pic of the one I made for my guest room also.

Let me know if this opens it is the first item on pdf file others are quilt related also

I'm not sure what country 'formal' is. To me country is casual. Anyway I would think that any traditional pattern would work. What makes a quilt country is the choice of fabrics. You could google images for 'country quilts' and get an idea of patterns and fabrics. Homespuns and calicos are country but a lot of others look country too.

Blog Entries
    I think I would make 2 or 3 table runners and let her choose the one she likes best. The others could be gifts for the upcoming holidays. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Terri Morin
    What about something like this, from Sew News? http://www.sewnews.com/articles/Beauty___Batiks
    I got the magazine a couple of weeks ago and literally just looked at it today! :)