Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help needed identifying these blocks.....

Help needed identifying these blocks.....

A few years ago ( not sure when, but could be around 2001 - 2003) when my interest in quilting started I made these blocks....they would probably have come from a book but now I cannot find the book....does anyone have any idea....has anyone seen a book with these blocks in it. They are all 12 inch.
    Any ideas would be fantastic as I really like them and would like to make more.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

top right is Eddystone Light
    http://www.quilterscache.com/E/EddystoneLightBlock.html
    bottom right is Card Basket
    http://www.quilterscache.com/C/CardBasketBlock.html

still working on the left side
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Power Poster
    Your stars are beautiful! I don't know their names but I hope you finish them into a wallhanging or lap quilt.

If you're just looking for the piecing instructions, the lower left one is the same as Martha Washington Star, but the color placement is different. Piecing is identical, but that doesn't make the block name the same.
    http://www.quilterscache.com/M/Marth...StarBlock.html
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Power Poster
    The blocks are lovely.

You don't really need the names of the blocks to make them. I would be willing to bet that many blocks just evolved as the maker adapted a known pattern to the fabrics she had on hand or she got bored with all the "old" ones that were out there and tried something different.

Thank you so much for all your help with this.
    I notice that thie one has a pin half triangele around the pin wheel s makes it slightly different but what a great site.
    The blocks muxt have all originally been in a book....but I cannot remember it at all.....but they are really lovely blocks that I would love to carry on making more of similar star designs...I will look at the site you have been checking on.....thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    If you're just looking for the piecing instructions, the lower left one is the same as Martha Washington Star, but the color placement is different. Piecing is identical, but that doesn't make the block name the same.
    http://www.quilterscache.com/M/Marth...StarBlock.html

Look through Eleanor Burn's site, Quilt in a Day. I bet it is one of her books.

Hi...thanks so much to Ghostrider....once you named the blocks for me I went through my shelf of books and picked out books I have had for a while and searched the index for the blocks and I found the book where they all came from....I am so pleased.....It is called Scrappy Duos by Donna Lynn Thomas....I have looked at that book numerous times but without realising they were the blocks....odd how changing colours alters your perception.
    Thank you so much for all your help
    Last edited by Little RoO; 04-16-2012 at 07:22 AM.