Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help needed please.

Purchased a Wards sewing machine that is suppose to be a clone of the Singer 15-90 and having some difficulty with threading it corretly. Can you tell me if the needle is threaded from right to left or left to right. I understand there is a site to download a manual for the Singer 15-90. Can anyone give me the site? All your5 help is very much appreciated. Mary

Blog Entries
    Here's is the ISMACS site with links to many free manuals:
    http://www.ismacs.net/free-sewing-ma...uals-list.html

Blog Entries
    congrats on your new machine

Blog Entries
    Good luck with your machine. :)

When I was in Home Ec in the 50's, the teacher said to put the needle in with the long groove on the needle on the same side as the last thread guide and to thread the needle from that same side. I have always followed this rule and have never had trouble threading any machine.

Banned
    Go to the ISMACS site and download the manual for the Singer 15. That will tell you pretty much everything you need to know about that machine. It is really easy to thread and it should have drop feed dogs so you can FMQ on it. I use my Japanese 15 for all of mt FMQ and it is my go to machine! You can not find a better built machine!!

Billy

Thanks to all of you for your help. I have her sewing now and very happy with the stitches. The needle had been put in wrong and it was being threaded from right to left but needed to be threaded left to right. I think she hasn't been used very much. The electrical chords had to be replaced for they were very brittle. The simplicity of these machines is really amazing and can see why one like this will last a very very long time if properly cared for.