Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help needed...Woven star table runner

Happy Holidays to all,
    After the biggest part of the holiday rush is over I thought that I would have a project onhand that would not be too challenging .. Thought that the "woven star table runner" would be perfect. It was to a point. I am totally stumped to the point that I have been struck stupid. I have the first set of strips woven ( the ones that lean to the left). Now I have tried to weave the second set (the ones that lean to the right) and just am not getting how this works. I have read and reread the pattern - but just have not had that light bulb moment. The pattern is in black and white - and of course I did not use the same colors as the pattern. I had to be me......
    I searched online for some help - lots of quilt shops have offered the class with stunning reslult - they are beautiful. Mine - sorry to say has not yet reached that point. Can anyone help???
    I will be so very happy if someone could enlighten me as to what it is that I am missing from the instructions.
    Thank you in advance for any assistance that you may offer.
    Sue in PA

Could you post pictures, so we can get an idea? :)

I did a woven table runner but not a star. PM me and maybe I can help.

I would love to see the pattern and a pic of one finished. Sounds pretty. Hope you get it worked out. Take a break and when you go back to it, maybe it will just come to you what you are reading. I've done that before!

Hi all,
    Hopefully the file attached and is not too large - this is what I am trying to do ---- looks easy but ----- just not getting it right..
    Thanks,
    Sue

Woven star table runner
    Name:  Attachment-21333.jpe
Views: 378
Size:  56.5 KB

Blog Entries
    I have never tried this pattern, but it looks really nice. I have my fingers crossed for you, that someone can help.

Happy New Year,
    Cheryl

Any photos of what you have done so far?
    Cheryl

is there any way you can post the part of the directions you are having trouble with? I know sometimes my mind won't "wrap around" directions. Will be easy for someone else, but my mind just won't understand it.

bj
    It doesn't look a bit easy to me. I can't see a row/column. Looks like it would require some Y seams. Good luck. Pics of what you've gotten done might be helpful for someone out there who's better at this than I am. :) :)

This is the tumbling block I made. Mine had 3 colors, so three different times to weave. and each time or color had 2 weave patterns to them. I know as I was weaving it looked pretty strange like it wouldn't come our right. I can't locate my pattern right at the moment. I do know mine showed how strange it would look as I was doing each color. I went to their website and the patterns are made by the same company.

woven tumbling block
    Name:  Attachment-23020.jpe
Views: 310
Size:  72.7 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast