Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Help for a Newbie, please

I have a tied baby quilt from 1925, it was my Mothers cousins. She's still around last I heard. They used embrodry thread. I have used the tacking stitch to make quilted shades for the windows in my house so it should work great.

I have tried a few things where you sew them down and have a back side that is caught too. As in hemming both sides of the binding at once. How do you do that without having a mess on one side or the other, in other words how do you always have both sides lined up to match. So you can sew down both sides together. I guess I am dumb.

Rita

not dumb at all, when u sew the doubled binding on the back side, then bring the folded side to the front of the quilt to the sewing line where you sewed it to the back of quilt. pin carefully, making sure when you pin that you catch the front & back side, then i sew it with decorative stitch on the front side, back side looks good too. hope that helps. i went to my embroidery club meeting this morning and we made machine embroidery Christmas cards.

2 Christmas Cards
    Name:  Attachment-3448.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  59.8 KB

those are so cool and thank you for the answer, I will try it even tho I don't have many decorative stitches. Thank you anyway for the info.

Rita

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3