Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help with Pattern for table top

We were told to find ideas for table toppers for our church tables. I thought since we quilt and have a stash of fabric we could maybe make them. They would be about 10" wide by 60" long. The problem I have is I can't quilt without a pattern and am looking for a nice one to use that is very easy. I would love to have a cross in it but not necessary.
    Also, I have been looking for a pattern for cowboy boots and can't seem to find what i am looking for. Can anyone help me. I love the board and try to view all the quilts. They are so beautiful and I would love to make them all but do not feel good enough yet.

Blog Entries
    Here is a super easy tabletopper. You can make them as fancy or as casual as you want, any size you want. My guild made one set of fancy for banquets to be put across white tablecloths and one set for casual for everyday use for the church fellowship hall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks that looks simple and we can try it. Thank you

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the download, it looks like its very simple & quick

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Here's mine.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-103334-1.htm

It can be either a Christmas Tree skirt or a table topper, just leave out the hole for the table topper.
    It is in the book "Quilted for Christmas" author Ursula Reikes. Pattern by Iva Willard Galloway.It is out of print, but there are copies out there.

Blog Entries
    We used brocade/velvet/satin fabric for the fancy ones and added tassels to the ends. The casual ones were made from cotton. We made a set of red and pink ones for Valentine's Day luncheon and have plans to make a set for each Banquet theme the church hosts during the year. They are so simple to make. One member used orphan blocks for the center panels.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    Here is a super easy tabletopper. You can make them as fancy or as casual as you want, any size you want. My guild made one set of fancy for banquets to be put across white tablecloths and one set for casual for everyday use for the church fellowship hall.
    :thumbup:

Because of the size and shape, I'm not sure if this is to be something for the sanctuary? or for other use in the Church.

A table topper the size you mentioned could be simply done by picking your favourite quilt block and making several of them. Join them together with sashing between or not ... and then a border and binding.

Any block patterm or a mixture could be done. Perhaps a few log cabins put together. Or rail fence pattern. Use the tube technique and make your blocks and join them together in a pattern you like.

I only know 1 site with boot patterns, a BOM
    http://sewhappy10000.blogspot.com/20...s-finally.html
    All blocks ( so far) are still available