Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help - Pfaff Ruffling Foot

I bought a ruffling foot in order to attach a ruffle to a blanket. My thread is breaking over and over, and it feeds unevenly. It's a 6 inch wide piece of fabric, folded in half. It takes the top fine, but the bottom seems to get gaps no matter what I do. Anyone have any experience with this? This quilt is turning out to be a problem everywhere I turn. If anyone can give me suggestions, I'd appreciate it. My bobbin keeps seeming to stick too, no matter what. Every 6-10 inches, the thread breaks. I have to open up the bobbin case and the thread is in there firmly and won't spin out.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I had a top thread breaking problem with a walking foot on and it turned out to be an incompatible bobbin - could it be that? Otherwise, maybe you need to fiddle about with your tension; sorry, I have no experience of ruffling feet though!

I have a Pfaff 7570 and the ruffler attachment. I haven't used it in a long time but if you go to www.pfaff-talk.com I'm sure the folks there can help you. Whenever I have questions about Pfaff machines they always come through for me. Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by KathyH
    I have a Pfaff 7570 and the ruffler attachment. I haven't used it in a long time but if you go to www.pfaff-talk.com I'm sure the folks there can help you. Whenever I have questions about Pfaff machines they always come through for me. Kathy
    Thanks Kathy - I'll try it!