Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help Please! >

Help Please!

Help Please!

Old 09-02-2009, 03:10 PM

Hello to all.

I am in need of help please. One of my friends belongs to a motorcycle trike club. They are having a fund raising raffle for a paediatrics wing at one of the country hospitals in the Barossa Valley and have asked me to make a quilt for them. Of course, I said yes!!

After discussions as to what size, patterns etc, I thought of buying some fabric with trikes (the 3 wheeled type) on it and using that as the mainstay of the quilt. My dilema was: where could I find fabric like that? I thought of this forum straight away!! Please, does anyone know where I can find fabric with trikes on it? Colour does not matter. Any assistance is gladly appreciated.

Thank you to you all. Dianne

P.S. Hopefully I will have some more quilts to share with you all in the near future.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

Hi AG

Hmmm as far as novelty prints I have a very hard time finding motorcycle related fabric let alone trikes. I'm not sure such a beast exists.

You may want to try making a T-Shirt quilt instead. Ask the club to donate a shirt or two each and cut out the imprints on them, back them with fusible interfacing slap a sashing between the blocks and wah-lah. I have made numerous T-Shirt raffle quilts for my motorcycle club that way and the T-shirts have such great motorcycle screen prints on them. Usually turns out very colorful and always raises a few hundred dollars.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:56 PM

Maybe you can find something here: http://www.bikerfabric.com/

If that's not what you want, try ebay. I've googled a bit, but didn't find anything yet. If I come across any more, I'll post again. :)
Old 09-02-2009, 04:11 PM

Dianne, good luck in your search. All I found was a Dick and Jane print with a little girl riding a trike.

http://www.jandofabrics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=djn0002

http://www.jandofabrics.com/proddeta...?prod=chi30532

http://www.jandofabrics.com/proddeta...prod=chi000101 This has a boy on a trike, but is out of stock. You might could email some stores in Australia and see if they have any.

A possibility you might consider is to use a photo or clip art of a trike and print it onto fabric. I used several search engines and couldn't come up with anything except the above.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:40 PM

www.bearpawquilting.com has motorcycle fabric but I'm not sure about trikes.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:10 PM

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=mot...bric&_osacat=0

try this - lots of choices.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:56 PM

Have you thought of the applique patches some trike clubs have? I don't think that fabric exists, but maybe you can use some of the photo transfer paper and print out pictures. I'm curious to see what you come up with.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:03 PM

Hi.. I always have my eye open for "biker" fabrics as I ride too.. but I've never seen any with a trike on it. Seen all kinds of choppers, etc. .just no 3 wheelers of either kind. Sorry.. if I see anything I'll let you know. Maybe you could do a club logo for the center instead of the bike it'self.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:19 PM

Thank you for all the great suggestions. I have visited the sites recommended, and, as you all know, there really is nothing there that is suitable except for the dick and jane print. Tho' I think this might not be quite what the blokes are looking for (LOL)!

Oh well, will have to keep looking.

I had made the suggestion to them about using a large logo as the centrepiece and taking phots of their own trikes and putting the photos on fabric. Then these photos could be incorporated into the quilt. I initially thought my friends' group was only a small group, imagine my surprise when I found out it is Australia wide!

Hopefully they will be able to raise lots of $$ for the paediatrics wing.

Thank you once again, you are all bonza people! :)

Dianne
Old 09-03-2009, 05:52 AM

I just finished making this for a wedding gift. Both of them ride Harleys - couldn't find Harley fabric but his bike is orange!! The wedding is the 12th - hope they like it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-10329.jpe