Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: help in quilting, please...

I move pretty fast. If you go too slowly or stop and start, you can't get nice graceful curves. At least, I can't! It really helps to take a class and then practice on scraps.

oh - and as Rebecca said, load a lot of bobbins first. I go through about 6 of them on a twin size bed.

I use 2 pieces of foam rubber about 3x4 inches, gloves made my hands sweat too bad.
    Sharon I never heard of sticky finger.( except on kids! ) LOL

I only wear gloves when I do free motion, My gloves are lite weight cotton, after all the dollar store kind, so my hands don't sweat and they are very lite weight.

Quote Originally Posted by quilterj
    do all of you wear gloves when you quilt? and is it alot easier to deal with when quilting?

jeanette
    When doing freemotion quilting I use the Machinger gloves. My skin is dry and just slides over the fabric with no "grip" IMHO, they are great. Remember, practice, feed dogs down, breathe and don't get your shoulders up around your ears. :lol: Sometimes I use the rubber doorstops from Walmart to tilt the sewing machine and give my neck a different position.

piney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2