Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help! Remove quilt marks

Blog Entries

Help! Remove quilt marks

I used a pink clover marker to draw quilting lines on a wall quilt...marked lines supposed to be removable with water. They didn't come out! Since I have gold trim on this wall hanging, I had it dry cleaned instead of washing it. I still have some pink lines...now I need suggestions. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if the dry cleaning process caused the markings to be permanent. Can you call the cleaners and ask their advise? Also I would try to contact Clover and ask them. I don't really have any experience with Clover markers--are they chalk?
    Good luck getting it out.
    Sue

Good luck. I used the orange one once, and had a heck of a time. I tried erasing it, and rubbing it off with water. I'll never use them again.
    The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

Best to always test to make sure before quilting. Maybe the drycleaning is why you can't get the marks out...but I hope that you are able to.,

You don't say what you have tried to remove the marks. I'm not surprised dry cleaning didn't, since it is in fact "dry". I would first try spot removing with a damp cloth or a spray bottle, to see if a little water will indeed remove the marks. Unfortunately, if that doesn't work I have no ideas - maybe contact the manufacturer for help.

have you tried rubbing alchohol or i have used clear nonacetate polish remover--test first:

I had that happen to me once with a blue marker. I tried as hard as I could and the marks just kept coming back. Good luck.
    Lorraine

Try Baby wipes .. I've had good luck with them.

What about the Oxiclean in a spray bottle? Or the Tide pens for stains like on your clothes when at work. They work really good on everything. Even tea and ketchup. Good luck. Let us know if it comes out and what worked. Good Luck.

Diane