Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help With Sewing Machine

I am looking at this combo from Janome. Any thoughts? Does anyone have this machine and serger?

http://janome.com/index.cfm/Machines...hines_Overview

http://janome.com/index.cfm/Machines...hines_Overview

I don't have the Magnolia; but I do have a very similar Janome and I love it!! Has been very good to me so far.

Blog Entries
    Did you know Kenmore is made by White the same manufacturer of Janome? The Kenmore machines look like Janome and run like Janome. Check the Kenmores to see what you can get for the same money. Very good price for the quality machine. I don't know about the Magnolia line but I have the Gem and it's great.

I do have a Kenmore....I love it!! I have a smaller Janome HF107 that I bought for my daughter several years ago. I am looking into getting another full size machine and a serger. My reason for looking at the Janome is broader options (variety) for sewing machines and sergers. My Kenmore runs beautifully....I know Janome runs beautifully as well. I have looked at the Jem......very nice machine. I already have all the Kenmore snap on feet and the Magnolia also utilizes snap on feet.

mamaw...which Janome do you have?
    BellaBoo...thanks for the information on White making Kenmore and Janome....I thought Kenmore and Janome were one in the same...but did not know White made them both. Interesting!! Does your Jem utilize snap on feet? I have heard a lot of good reviews on the Jem.

Blog Entries
    Is this truly a combo machine? Or does it just have the serger attatchment? there has been discussions here that have not been really favorable on these...

Blog Entries
    Actually, Janome makes White, not the other way around and Kenmore is an offshoot of White and Janome owns both as per the Janome rep. Thanks. GiGi