Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help with a Singer 15-91

Blog Entries
    Do you have a manual for the machine? They should be available on line. The manual will show where to oil and where to grease. After 4 years of storage it should be cleaned up and oiled and greased.

Good luck
    http://napquilting.com/
    http://alturl.com/euusk

My GOAL is always to ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

It worked for about 6 inches and it started all over again. At wits end. Yes I have the manuel that came with the machine and have oiled and greased it with in an inch of it's life.

I know you've already tried changing the needle, but I've had mine act like this when I accidentally got the needle in wrong. 15-91 NFL (needle flat left). I had to write that down and put it with my machine, since I have so many different machines that it is hard to remember. You can also get skipped stitches if the needle isn't the right size for the fabric you are sewing.

Pat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsmith 96 View Post
    That's what it was. I never thought to change the needle after 4 quilts. Now if I can locate some light bulbs for it.
    Also make sure the flat side of the needle is pointing "away" from the machine. Ask me how I know...
    Bernie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2