Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help...

I'm FMQ quilting with 'regular' thread on the bottom and invesible thread on top. I've gotten 1/2 the quilt finished and now my thread keeps breaking. I've re-threaded the machine like 10000 times (lol) but it still keep breaking. Any suggestions? I'm getting frusterated and I reallllly want to finish this quilt.

Blog Entries
    Invisible thread is not happy when it gets hot. Change the needle and turn the machine off for a while. Sounds like voodoo, but it works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    Invisible thread is not happy when it gets hot. Change the needle and turn the machine off for a while. Sounds like voodoo, but it works for me!
    I agree, even my Bernina wants this once in a while.

Yep - change the needle,blow out the dust and lint and walk away. When you come back all calm and happy, give it a little hug and a kiss before you start. It works everytime with mine.

It happens to me and I just learned.. to by pass the last loop at the needle..seems to work.I use a Viking "Lilly 555"..so it's worth a try