Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP!!!!!

I am having fabric buying withdrawal symptoms. I just want to rush to a quilt shop or an online store and buy some fabric!!! I don't need it for anything in particular and really don't have a place for it and really don't have the extra money. But I still wanna buy some fabric!!!!

Ok I can get through this. I can do it. If I keep telling myself that I just might believe it. NOT!!

go sew something and take your mind off it.

yup or play in your stash might be suprised at what you find
    Quote Originally Posted by DebraK
    go sew something and take your mind off it.

Blog Entries
    Definitely check your stash. I had to redo mine when my shelving collapsed and I found things I'd forgotten I even had! Cured me of wanting more fabric - well, maybe not cured but at least calmed me down some~!

Do-it! Do-it! Do-it! Do-it! You wanted motivation to do it, right?

Assuming you have a stash.... Shop your stash. Reorganize it all. It is just as satisfying if not more!

Blog Entries
    Really? I can't buy fabric on a whim. I have to have a plan in mind for it before I can make myself buy. Scraps are the exception and I have quite a collection of those. I go to lots of garage sales, auctions and the like and always find lots of cotton scraps. Usually by the bundle. Then I go home and sort them into color controlled containers until I'm ready to use them. Go sort your stash and I'll be you'll be able to put together a project from what you already have.

I feel your pain, I have been guilty of impulsive fabric buying - Every time I start a new project - I have to have more fabric - or I see the fabric I love and have to buy it because it may not be there if I wait too long. It really is an addiction...and I am not looking for a cure yet..

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis
    I feel your pain, I have been guilty of impulsive fabric buying - Every time I start a new project - I have to have more fabric - or I see the fabric I love and have to buy it because it may not be there if I wait too long. It really is an addiction...and I am not looking for a cure yet..
    I;m not either,having to much fun

Call a quilty friend and swap some fabric, that way you still get the thrill of something new without having to spend cash. If that fails, eat some chocolate! (haha!)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast