Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help

Blog Entries

Help

Its me again. My co-worker wants me to make some doll quilts. One doll is a Barbie, then there is an 14 inch teddie bear and an 18-20 doll. What size should these quilts be? She is doing some type of fund raiser.

Thanks,
    Icee

well, I would figure a 6 foot person gets a twin quilt about 60" x 84". So a 14" bear would be about 1/5 of that, so, 12" x 16"? for the bear. The doll is about 1/4 the size of a person, so 15" x 21". Or you could ask your co-worker what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
    well, I would figure a 6 foot person gets a twin quilt about 60" x 84". So a 14" bear would be about 1/5 of that, so, 12" x 16"? for the bear. The doll is about 1/4 the size of a person, so 15" x 21". Or you could ask your co-worker what they want.
    LOL! Barb that is a funny and very logical way to figure it out! Thanks for the chuckles!

Lara B.
    ... My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

http://www.buzzinbumble.com/

That is a cute (and funny) way to figure it but most kids want to do the three-cornered wrap when it comes to their dolls or teddies so I'd suggest square quilts for the two larger ones. Barbie would be about 8"x12" I would think or 9"x12"
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Browngirl View Post
    Its me again. My co-worker wants me to make some doll quilts. One doll is a Barbie, then there is an 14 inch teddie bear and an 18-20 doll. What size should these quilts be? She is doing some type of fund raiser.

Thanks,
    Icee
    But do you actually want to do them?

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    i make the length approx the same length as the doll/animal...because it doesn't go over their heads, the foot end is plenty long enough..