Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: help

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    459

    help

    Does anyone know what those little white things Lea Day uses at the end of her pins to sandwich her quilt???

  2. #2
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,885
    Blog Entries
    1
    Are they Pinmoors? http://www.pinmoor.com/ If this is it, someone here on the board suggested going to the Dollar store and getting childrens erasers and using them.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

  3. #3
    Senior Member Krisb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Asheville, Lake Vermilion
    Posts
    831
    Blog Entries
    26
    Think the y are Pinmoors.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

  4. #4
    Super Member karenpatrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rosedale, Indiana
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Are they Pinmoors? http://www.pinmoor.com/ If this is it, someone here on the board suggested going to the Dollar store and getting childrens erasers and using them.
    I went to the Dollar Store and got art erasers - I think there were 7 in a pkg for a dollar and cut them up in pieces. Pinmoors are expensive and for about $7 I got hundreds of them. They were realy easy to cut.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    459
    thanks for the help

  6. #6
    Super Member barri1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Woodmere, NY
    Posts
    1,378
    If you have Dollar Tree where you are, you can pick up the erasers, and theyalso had the hair clips that people use to hold th binding in place while sewing. They were 12/$1

  7. #7
    Power Poster Jingle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Outside St. Louis
    Posts
    23,940
    I too noticed the clips to hold the binding as I sew it to the back was the same as used on hair. Much cheaper too. Getting so we have to keep are eyes opened, on our toes and keep our ears open. So many trying to get their hands in our pockets.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member humbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    889
    someone else posted a while back about using something from the hardware store? It was a roll of "something" she found in her hubby's shop, and cut it into sections. Some kind of insulation maybe? Said it worked well. Was just thinking about that a day or so ago, and wondered what it was. Perhaps the poster will respond, or maybe someone else will remember.

  9. #9
    Senior Member SittingPretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by humbird View Post
    someone else posted a while back about using something from the hardware store? It was a roll of "something" she found in her hubby's shop, and cut it into sections. Some kind of insulation maybe? Said it worked well. Was just thinking about that a day or so ago, and wondered what it was. Perhaps the poster will respond, or maybe someone else will remember.
    Yes, you find it in the area where they have caulk. It's a sort of foam role that fills larger gaps before you put the caulking it. I have the 1/2" size and just cut it up in pieces. About $3.97 for a 20 ft. role and it made about 400 pieces.
    SittingPretty

  10. #10
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,831
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I too noticed the clips to hold the binding as I sew it to the back was the same as used on hair. Much cheaper too. Getting so we have to keep are eyes opened, on our toes and keep our ears open. So many trying to get their hands in our pockets.
    Yes, and you can use those little pony tail holders to put on you bobbins to hold them in place and it's just like the ones they sell for it but cheaper. I get my sandpaper there which I use for sharpening my scissors and for laying my applique pieces down on when I tracing or my HST fabric and it holds it in place. The blue painters tape which I use for a lot. The Dollar Store is just great. I also hear people but foam boards there.
    Judy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.