Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: help

Unhappy help

I just bought a Janome 8200qc and I am having trouble getting an accurate 1/4 inch seam. I have followed the instructions and even moved the needle all the way to the right. it is still comming up short. HELP

Cut three strips of fabric - 1 1/2 inches wide - sew them together - measure the middle strip - it should be 1 inch. Keep adjusting until that is the measurement you get. It doesn't matter what the seam allowance is - it matters what the finished block measures. Are you using a quarter inch foot?

Blog Entries
    I have the 7700 and I think they have the same feet. Which foot are you using? I can get an accurate 1/4 with the O foot or I use the accufeed 1/4" foot the most and I need to move my needle to setting 5.9
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    I have the 7700 and I think they have the same feet. Which foot are you using? I can get an accurate 1/4 with the O foot or I use the accufeed 1/4" foot the most and I need to move my needle to setting 5.9
    No ... the new 8200 and 8900 have totally different feet than the 7700 and 6600 had.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you buy your machine from a dealer? Is it possible to get hold of the dealer so that you can get to the root of the problem. The machine could be out of alignment. It happened to one of my machines and it's been fine since it got fixed.