Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Ok, so I knew I was going on vacation Sept 11th and I knew it was my husbands father's birthday. I thought it was to late to make something. But come to find out it is going to be there (father-in-law and mother-in-law's) 25th wedding anniversary. Plus they had a house built less than a year ago. I need a present, a nice one. :lol: I was thinking of a wall hanging but I don't know what the color scheme is like in there home. I really don't think I can pull off a full sized quilt (dont' know the size of their bed) in such a short time. Any sugestions? I do have blocks already made for our bed (I made these blocks for us, it would be the first quilt I have made just for us), all I would have to do is add sashing between the blocks. There is enough blocks to make a king size with sashing. Should I go with that or should I try something else?

Excuse the kitty butt! :)
    Name:  Attachment-57971.bmp
Views: 7
Size:  900.1 KB

Hubby suggested a lap quilt but i feel bad only making one, I could divide the blocks up and make two.

I thought of a lap quilt, also. If you made a good-sized throw for their couch or another room, I think it would be more than enough. It looks like it would be a great size. Gosh I love what you did!!! The colors are so very pretty. It's a shame that you would be giving up something that you made for yourself, but look at the ease in getting this one done!

pal
    I would call up MIL and tell her that you had planned to make them a quilt for their new home for their anniversary. What color is their new
    bedroom, etc. With any luck "your" quilt will go. If it doesn't go, I would say something like "I hope that I can finish it in time" and "I hope you will understand if I can't get it done in time for your anniversary"

She may tell you that she already has one for the bedroom, but that she
    would love a throw for the den.

Either way, you'll know what colors to work with.

Good Luck - been there, done that!!

pal
    P.S. Your blocks are beautiful - hope that you can keep them for
    yourself.

I'd go for a lap quilt/throw and make it with a simple block pattern to speed up the construction.

Blog Entries
    My two cents: I would make a throw/lap quilt for them. I can tell you really want to keep that one for yourself. Find an fast/easy block and make one for them. You will be glad you did and I bet they will love it.

i've decided to make a quilt with my blocks. I'm just hoping I can get it sashed and quilted together in 10 days. I always had a hunter star in my sights for a bedroom quilt. :wink:

Good luck with your decision! Your blocks are delicious! Eye candy! :lol: Love the doggy butt, too! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Very Pretty colors ! Such a shame that you have to start over on "yours" again . And as for getting it done on time we have faith and confidence in you :thumbup:
    Sharon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast