Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HELP

I have always used spray glue (I hate to pin) but this time the spray glue stained my quilt top :( Any ideas how to get that out? I tried hair spray. Thanks, Wendy

I have never had this happen using spray baste. I use June Taylor (cheap from walmart)

What kind of a stain did it leave?

Maybe try some oxyclean on gentle cycle?

I have use rubbing alchol, but try calling the manufacture, tell them what happened and ask for their help, the number should be on the can or google it on the internet. Hope you can get it out. Lace

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tails
    I have always used spray glue (I hate to pin) but this time the spray glue stained my quilt top :( Any ideas how to get that out? I tried hair spray. Thanks, Wendy
    (This is a similar story about a different product.)
    This happened to me once when I used June Tailor fusible batting.
    The glue on the batting kind of soaked through my quilt top when I ironed them together and it made stipes down my quilt. I went ahead and finished the quilt as it was for charity and I was sure I'd get it out somehow. I mean it's only glue, right?
    And then I washed it but it didn't help.
    I went to the June Tailor website but there was no mention of this ever happening.
    So I called and emailed June Tailor and they said to send it to the dry cleaners.
    I told them it'd already been washed and dried but they said to send it to the cleaners anyway.
    I did that and everything came out.
    They reimbursed me the cost also.

I would suggest you call the mfr and/or look on their website for issues like this.
    When I contacted June Tailor, they admitted that they'd heard complaints like mine before.
    I asked why they hadn't put it on their FAQ page?
    She said "that's a good idea" but the last time I looked (over a year ago) they hadn't added it yet.

My point is sometimes they've heard of things like this happening before and, eventhough it might not be on their website, they still know how to fix it.

I certainly hope you find a solution too.

Heh...I bet they don't put it on their website because somehow they're admitting the product has faults....

Happy Trails, what product did you use? you say spray glue, is it permanent or temporary (basting spray)?

I don't have any solutions but I'm sorry to hear of this problem.

Thanks everybody,the product is Gunold KK adhesive spray. My daughter's work uses it and I've used it for a couple of years and have never had a problem :(
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tails
    Thanks everybody,the product is Gunold KK adhesive spray. My daughter's work uses it and I've used it for a couple of years and have never had a problem :(
    Wow! I've never heard of that one. What does your dd's work use it for? Does the can say it is water soluble?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast