Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help with tech

Help with tech

I need a good technician to repair my Bernina 830. I just moved to Oregon and can go just about anywhere. I've heard horror stories about poor repairs by people who are not used to working with such a high-tech machine, and want to have it done right. My machine has never worked properly, and I really need help. Thank you.

Power Poster
    If you still have a warranty then you need an authorized Bernina repairman to work on it or you void the warranty.

If you are near Salem or Albany, Rich's is excellent, has stores in both cities, and they are a Bernina dealer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    If you are near Salem or Albany, Rich's is excellent, has stores in both cities, and they are a Bernina dealer.
    Rich's also has a shop in Eugene (purchases a couple of years ago). But they do send the 'repairs' to the Salem shop.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

Blog Entries
    I second the vote for Rich's.....

I heard that if you move, you have to pay a fee to have the Bernina factory warranty transferred. Anyone know if this is true? The new Bernina 750 is very appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MattieMae View Post
    I heard that if you move, you have to pay a fee to have the Bernina factory warranty transferred. Anyone know if this is true? The new Bernina 750 is very appealing to me.
    I think there may be a fee to the new owner to transfer the warranty if you SELL the machine...but not just if you move and retain ownership. Bernina can be expensive but that would probably be a bad move on their part. Good luck!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5