Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with Tin Lizzie's  Shirley II >

Help with Tin Lizzie's Shirley II

Help with Tin Lizzie's Shirley II

Old 02-10-2011, 06:03 PM

Does anyone have the Shirley II hooked up to a Tin Lizzy DLS machine. I have the ansley. For some reason my machine is racing while I am trying to stitch out pantograms. The first ones stitched out fine. Now the sewing is going so fast and it is breaking the thread. Bobbin thread is going around the bobbin. Put in a new bobbin to try. Set my speed at 40%. Still not slowing down. This is the first quilt I have put on this machine and pretty much not very happy. Help Help thanks
Old 02-10-2011, 06:21 PM

Check to see if the cords to the stitch regulator are disconnected, this happened to me on my older Lizzie. If they have come loose just plug them back where they belong.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:44 PM

I checked all the cords. When I try to bring up the bobbin thread it seems to be getting hung up. And the needle goes up and down way to fast and seems to knot things up. I put my bobbin in clock wise---My manual just said put in bobbin. That is the way my HQ bobbin went in. So at this point can't really stitch. boo hoo hoo
Old 02-10-2011, 07:25 PM

You might try turning the machine off, unplug it and wait a minute, then plug it back in and turn it on again. Like a reset on your computer. It's worth a shot! If nothing else works contact your dealer or whoever sold it to you. They know about trouble-shooting and may be able to solve the problem over the phone. Also there is a Lizzie group on Yahoo, lots of great help and information there (specific to Lizzies). Good luck!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:29 PM

I forgot to add this. Have you tried to run the machine with the stitch length regulator turned off? Does the machine still race too fast? I don't even use my regulator any more, don't need it. I just set the speed on manual and adjust my movements to the speed I like.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:04 PM

When you run the Shirley stitcher, it automatically goes into constant speed. The shirley stitch is turned off. I have left the Shirley stitcher on for 2 days, because if I turn it off I will lose everything. I set it up to do 5 rows of pantos with 9 patterns across. When I turn it back on my stitch box will be a different size. So setting up new pantos will turn out to be a smaller size. I'm down to the last 11 inches of quilt. But turning everything off maybe that might set everything back??? This is probably wishful dreaming.