Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help with Toweling material for embroidery

Ok so i am making kitchen towels for sale embroidered with Chocolate recipes, and i bought toweling material from Joan's and finished one. As much as the idea is soooo cute but the towel looks so flimsy to me. The embroidery part takes forever to finish so i need the towel to look nice to be worth the price.

So i need help and opinions about the best material i can use to embroider on and make it look fancy and worth the price.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've seen Osnaburg used for making these types of towels. Don't know if Joanns carries it any more. It's a bit heavier than muslin, and looks nice and crisp when embroidered on. Comes in white and off white, too.

clotilde's carries toweling that is pretty nice. you may just have to shop around and find what you like- what you would be willing to pay (the price) for.

I can't suggest anything, but I love the way it looks!

Blog Entries
    This site was posted recently for towels. http://www.quilterstudio.com/tea-tow...rkdesigns.htm.

I love the embroidery recipe. Would you mind sharing where you purchased it from? Thanks. Kathy

I got it from Viking store
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeview Quilting
    This site was posted recently for towels. http://www.quilterstudio.com/tea-tow...rkdesigns.htm.

I love the embroidery recipe. Would you mind sharing where you purchased it from? Thanks. Kathy

Why don't you just buy the kitchen towels already made? The can be found in white or other colors, even at the dollar store, and they are really nice quality. I have gotten them at WalMart also.

Quote Originally Posted by ploverwi2
    Why don't you just buy the kitchen towels already made? The can be found in white or other colors, even at the dollar store, and they are really nice quality. I have gotten them at WalMart also.
    Ditto...

The fabric you bought at Joann's I've used for backing on wallhangings due to it's weight since I don't put batting inbetween.

No suggestion, but it is pretty.