Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help- What can i do with these panels?????

I have several of these two panels which i think they are called Raggedy Ann and Andy. I also have some coordinating fabrics to go with it, but i have no clue how to start and what to do. Do these have special patterns for them? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Soo cute would make couple baby blankets out of little panels! Plain strips around big one unless u can find ra material!!

How cute! These are definitely Raggedy Ann and Andy - I used to have Ann as a child - and they were a favorite of my grandmothers, since China dolls were the only other play option for young girls at that time.

Like Barbie, you could make their clothes, dress and undress them, etc. Most noticeable was their yarn red hair.

Brings back lots of memories. There are still some patterns out there if you want to make them yourself. Otherwise, just enjoy the panels in a young person quilt, organized how you like it.

It would be fun to see what you do with the panels. Please remember to show us what you decide to do.

Blog Entries
    The large one I would make a single cloth quilt. The smaller ones I would make pillows/and or pillow covers. If you have fabric to match you could piece it together for the other side for the quilt. Happy quilting. :):):)

Thank you all. So no blocks or any work around the panel is needed (just borders)?

On the large panel you could add another border if you wanted to so its larger, but not necessary. Just sandwich, quilt and bind. The smaller panels I would use as coordinating pillows. When my son was a little one I made pillows for the floor that he could sit, lay, or play with.

Blog Entries
    Take a look at the second picture in this post

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-123008-1.htm

it uses a large rectangular panel off set with several smaller squares.

The smaller ones would make cute attic window/shadow box type if you cut them apart.

Those are adorable! I love the panels!