Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Here is a photo of my rag quilt that wont rag properly so you can hopefully help me....

How deep are your cuts? They look a couple inches or so...

some are short, around a short inch, others got a bit longer and i m thinking maybe some of the outer ones needs cutting down.

but it def needs sum TLC later as its been washed 3 times and are not exactly feeling very soft.....

I'm no expert, however I've made three denim/cotten rag quilts and I clipped probably no more than 1/2 inch and they have frayed nicely. 100% cotton fabric, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jamsbuying
    I'm no expert, however I've made three denim/cotten rag quilts and I clipped probably no more than 1/2 inch and they have frayed nicely. 100% cotton fabric, right?
    its 100% COTTON AND SUM FLANEL , and flanel should rag nicely too as far as i v been told here

Also, I looked at your pictures again and it reminded me... I clipped all the way to the stitching being very careful not to clip the stitching. I made really close together cuts, too; probably not more than 1/4 inch apart. Hope this helps...

you are right, flannel should fray nicely! There are a lot of people on this site with more experience than I have, so I'm sure you will get good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by jamsbuying
    you are right, flannel should fray nicely! There are a lot of people on this site with more experience than I have, so I'm sure you will get good advice.
    After making several of those I find that cheap flannel (from Walmart or similar) frays easier than expensive flannel from your LQS. The down side is that it also shrinks more.

Maria

I understand that you have washed it several time but have you dried it in a dryer?

Blog Entries
    duplicate

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast