Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: hexagonal dilemma?

hexagonal dilemma?

I don't do math; most of my sewing without a true pattern is trial & error. Based on a hexagonal table topper picture recently posted on the board, I made one & really liked the easiness of making them. However, I would like to make one a little larger. Can I use 5 or more 2-1/2" strips? Is the 60 degree angle still what I'd use? Has anyone made a larger topper than the one created by the 4 strips?

Could you post a picture of the hexagon topper you are making? Then someone could maybe determine if what you need to do is actually increase the number of strips, or increase the size of your strips to get the result you desire. You may have to create another post and if you do, try heading it "How do I make this bigger" or something like that to attract those gals who could help you.
    Chocolate is the Answer. Who cares what the question is.

Thank you for your comments. Will work on getting a picture.

Power Poster
    Once you have the basic hexagon shape, I think you could keep adding broders until it was the size you wanted.

yes, you maintain the 60 degree angles- and you can make your hexagon as large as you would like- i've seen a king sized one! the designer just kept adding 2 1/2" strips around-it is soooo cool!
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Thanks so much for all your help! I depart to try a new endeavour!