Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hexagons

Question Hexagons

Looking for tutorial on a Japanese technique called Orinumo (I think!). With the use of English paper piecing hexagons. The hexagons are made and then framed similar to cathedral windows. I have seen it on Pinterest.

I've never heard the term but i am going to try and google it and see what i find..it sounds interesting

Are these where you sandwich backing and batting and a top piece and then turn the flower shaped back piece to the front?

I did google it, and that is the correct name. You might try doing a search for it that way. Some very pretty pieces

Blog Entries
    actually, it is spelled orinuno. this site has an explanation...scroll most of the way down. http://www.origami-resource-center.c...c-folding.html

a little higher on that page, they show some dimensional flowers from a book by rebecca wat. i have that and tried those flowers... they are somewhat difficult, but impressive. i'd hate to do an entire quilt in them... mine's a small wall hanging.
    Nancy in western NY

I had a book with the different techniques and made a whole quilt with the flowers on it. It was very nice, but when I washed it, the flowers unfolded. I ended up throwing it away. I'm sure I did something wrong, but I wish I hadn't washed it. It was very pretty before washing.
    Sue