Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: high heal shoe blocks

Blog Entries

high heal shoe blocks

Hello
    My adult daughter is shoe crazy....so I would love to make a shoe theme quilt for her with each block having a different high heal shoe in the center. But I can't find such a pattern. Does anyone know of one or anyone who can help me get this started?
    peggy

Blog Entries
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Those are so cute! What a great idea. My daughter loves heels as well; so thanks for another great quilt idea. Teresa

Power Poster
    This spring Quiltmaker had a issue out of some new blocks. The title was Quilts from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks. It had an adorable wallhanging with hat, purse and high heel shoes done in paper piecing on page 74. The " Fashionista" pattern and wallhanging was made by Denise Starck. You might be able to buy the magazine or pattern by googling under her name? I did the wallhanging and the shoes turned out really cute. The shoe pattern only had 10 pieces instead of many like other PP patterns.

There was a member here who designed some fabric with heels, I think some of them could be painted? I thought it was quiltingaddict but searching doesn't bring that up for it. Maybe someone has it bookmarked to share with you.

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    There was a member here who designed some fabric with heels, I think some of them could be painted? I thought it was quiltingaddict but searching doesn't bring that up for it. Maybe someone has it bookmarked to share with you.
    It's ............. Quilting.Addict

ThimbleBug ... close ... you just needed that all importantg "dot" !!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I don't paper piece, but I applique (my fav). You could look at her shoes and sketch a quick design of her different ones and applique all the different ones in the same color as the shoes. I think it would be so cute!!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"