Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: High Shank walking foot

Question High Shank walking foot

I brought a high shank walking foot years ago and didn't realize at the time I needed a low shank walking foot for my Necchi sewing machine. Can anyone tell me what sewing machines use a high shank walking foot. I maybe selling this walking foot on this board. But before I do I needed to know what machines use this. Thanks for any feedback.

Blog Entries
    My Kenmore and my Universal. All older Kenmores, I think.

My Singer 31-15 uses high shank feet. What were you thinking of price wise?

Other machines that can use it:
    Necchi BU
    Necchi BU Mira
    Necchi Supernova
    Last edited by Mitch's mom; 03-17-2012 at 06:54 PM.

The 9" straight stitch machines like the Brother 1500 and Janome 1600 are high shank machines, but they come with the walking foot.

Blog Entries
    I recently bought several low shank feet, thinking I would use them on my Janome 110000SE. But it turns out that one is a high shank machine. I'm taking my Baby Lock Sophia up north with me this spring so that I can use them, since that is a low shank machine.
    Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

I've been looking (mostly unsuccessfully) for a high shank walking foot for my 70's era Kenmore - let me know if you still have it and are interested in selling!

well my kenmore that was bought in the 80's uses a high shank. but thats the only one that i know of.

Some of the Kenmores from the 60's and 70's and most industrial machines use the high shank attachments.

shanfurino, there are a couple of problems you may run into if you try to put an even feed on a high-shank Kenmore from that era - the attachment system that has the lever to loosen and tighten the attachments makes it difficult (maybe impossible) to use a modern even-feed type attachment.

I bought an even feed for my 1803 from the 70's - super-high shank - and the extra long screw you need on some models. But, I can't get around the attachment system, itself, so the foot is still sitting in the drawer several years later.

i have a high shank walker ordered from a nearby repair shop and am hoping it might work but things aren't looking overly promising. i've started looking at new machines but won't give in just yet

Blog Entries
    I still have an adapter if anyone is interested. CHEAP! LOL
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!