Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hobbs 100% cotton batting

Hobbs 100% cotton batting

Does anyone use the Hobbs 100% cotton batting? I like the look a quilt has that has the Warm and Natural 100% cotton batting used. It seems like it is a heavier batting and it shrinks up nice to have a really old fashioned look. I have used the 100% cotton batting from JoAnns (not sure what brand) but it is a thinner batting and does not shrink up as much and thr final look, after washing, looks much thinner then when using Warm and Natural. I do like the Mt. Mist Cream Rose 100% batting from JoAnns. That has a heavier look to it yet after it has been washed and shrunk up. Now, has anyone used the Hobbs 100% batting and know how the finished look (after it is washed and shrunk up), compares to the Warm and Natural 100% cotton finished look? I have not tried the Hobbs cotton but it is on sale at Connecting Threads right now (30% off) and wondering if I should buy some for my stock, since it is much less expensive than Warm and Natural. Any thoughts?

I have not used Hobbs, I was wondering myself how everyone else likes it.

I love Hobbs Heirloom cotton batting.
    Strange thing is tho, Joanne's stopped selling it years ago, but I can find it at some Hobby Lobby stores. Otherwise I order it from Hancocks of Paducah.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Hobbs Heirloom is 80/20 I believe. But Hobbs also has an organic all cotton that almost feels too good to put inside a quilt....feels like a baby bottom!! I love it for handquilting.

Jan in VA

Oops, didn't remember that Heirloom is the whole line, not just the 80/20. But the love of the organic still stands.
    Last edited by Jan in VA; 01-21-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Hobbs Heirloom is 80/20 I believe. But Hobbs also has an organic all cotton that almost feels too good to put inside a quilt....feels like a baby bottom!! I love it for handquilting.

Jan in VA

Oops, didn't remember that Heirloom is the whole line, not just the 80/20. But the love of the organic still stands.
    I just looked on the Conecting Threads website. It says it is 100% unbleached, natural cotton. Tha must be what you are talking about. They also have the 80/20 and wool.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerQuilts View Post
    I love Hobbs Heirloom cotton batting.
    Strange thing is tho, Joanne's stopped selling it years ago, but I can find it at some Hobby Lobby stores. Otherwise I order it from Hancocks of Paducah.
    Watch the Connecting Threads website. YOu can sign up for their email notices. Every once in a while they have a batting sale, so I would think it would be cheaper than ordering it elsewhere. Plus they always have free shipping with $50 or more on-line order so I always try to order when I have at least $50 of things to order.

I have used Hobbs 80/20 and loved the results... its just hard to find locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    I don't know if this is cheap or not but could this help you?

http://www.marshalldrygoods.com/inde...wCat&Submit=Go

Blog Entries
    The Hobbsbatting.com site provides this number to call and ask for the Customer Service Department for the list of stores that carry their products. 800-433-3357

Batt-mart.com carries Hobbs and several other brands. I have ordered Airtex from here and just love it for thicker softer fluffier quilts that I tie.

Here is a link that has a section that compares different quilt batting.
    http://www.batt-mart.com/site/490194/page/129020

Ditto for me. I have to drive to Ottawa to Walmart to get this. Morris Walmart doesn't sell it. First time I used it I loved it.
    margaret

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast