Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobby Lobby is coming to my town!!!!

I've heard so many people say what good buys they've found at Hobby Lobby...I found out today that one is taking over an empty former Pathmark store less than 2 miles from me...we have no stores for quilting things in town...there is a fabric shop in the next town and now the Walmart (in the same shopping center where Hobby Lobby is going to be) has just recently added a VERY limited fabric dept....we also have a Michael's but it doesn't carry fabric...sooooooooooooo I cannot wait for Hobby Lobby to open... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Naomi

Awesome and dangerous. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kwhite
    Awesome and dangerous. LOL
    I know...I can feel my credit cards already overheating...lol

Lucky you !!! We don't have Hobby Lobby Or JoAnnes Or Wal Mart in the UK --- I wish we did -- I always head for those stores when I am lucky to come over to the US.

There are 2 stores getting ready to open in So. Cal. The closest one to me will be about 90 miles away, so I may need to take a road trip once it is open.

Blog Entries
    Where in NJ? I know one Pathmark plaza is a play place now but the other by me is still empty although I wouldn't consider this area "the boonies". Where will the Hobby Lobby be?

Lucky you. I love Hpbby Lobby.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingcandy
    There are 2 stores getting ready to open in So. Cal. The closest one to me will be about 90 miles away, so I may need to take a road trip once it is open.
    Where are these new stores to be located? I live about 40 miles from LA and haven't heard about getting any Hobby Lobbys. I always look for them when on vacations in the middle west.

Blog Entries
    There is a HL here where I live; a WM with no fabric, and a LQS that I can't afford. I shop at HL and found that the fabric is of good quality, most importantly, I can afford it. Their selection of theads is lacking but I can live with that. The women that work in the fabric dept are very nice. NOW, someone is going to say something about the quality, or lack or quality, all Ican say is that when my grandmother was making these quilts that I still have (and am 64 years old); she didn't have the luxury of "quality" fabrics, she used what had.

Another note, IF I were going to enter a quilt in a show, or if there was someone really really special that I was making a quilt for, I would buy the best fabric that I could afford. OH WAIT, afford is the operative word......

I like the variety HL offers. They frequently have designs I haven't seen anywhere else.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast