Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hobby Lobby Fabric >

Hobby Lobby Fabric

Hobby Lobby Fabric

Old 06-15-2014, 12:28 PM

I buy from mine all the time especially when they mark it down to $2.00 a yard, I just bought a bunch 2 weeks ago!!!
Old 06-15-2014, 12:45 PM

I LOVE our Hobby Lobby ! I use alot of their fabrics. Their clearance section is my downfall EVERY single time !
Old 06-15-2014, 12:58 PM

I bought some lovely black/white/green fabrics from them about 3 months ago, 3 different coordinating prints. I've made a pillowcase cover from some of it, my niece has washed it a few times, and it still looks great.
I agree that some of the fabric seems "thinner" and lower quality than others, but that happens even at some quilt shops. I just try and check it out by feel and texture. And if it's one I love, I just buy it..I can always make something from it. Plus I have to keep my "fabric shop" (as my dgd calls my fabric room) stash up! Lol..
K
Old 06-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

Just make sure you can feel it. I have purchased fabric and not yet a problem. They usually always have 30% off sale running and I always check the remnant bin. Prices are about the same as anywhere else and it kind of depends on location.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:28 PM

Thank you to everyone for responding. I'm just so excited because now I don't have to order everything I need. I can just get in the car and go to Hobby Lobby and spend more money than I would had I just ordered what I needed. I told my husband I was in there Saturday and he asked me what did I buy. When I said nothing he almost passed out! LOL!!!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by KimS View Post
Thank you to everyone for responding. I'm just so excited because now I don't have to order everything I need. I can just get in the car and go to Hobby Lobby and spend more money than I would had I just ordered what I needed. I told my husband I was in there Saturday and he asked me what did I buy. When I said nothing he almost passed out! LOL!!!
Love this! My hubby would've reacted the same...lol
Enjoy your new HL!
Old 06-15-2014, 02:05 PM

I like our Hobby Lobby a lot, and I buy quite a bit of fabric there. There is a 40% off coupon that comes out once a week in our newspaper, and if you want to use it instead of the 30% off that their fabric usually is, just tell the lady cutting it out and she will write down the "regular" price so you can use the coupon. (I don't always remember this, but I cut my coupon out every week...just in case. You can also find the coupon online...) Oh, to answer your question, I do like their fabric and it wears well. Like others have said, just look at it, as it is not all the same.

Dina
Old 06-15-2014, 02:27 PM

I love Hobby Lobby! Most of their fabric is very nice (better than Joann's, in my opinion). Every once in awhile I'll run across a bolt that's not quite up to par, but for the most part, I'm very pleased.

Ditto about using their 40% off coupons! I don't know if all HL's do it, but if you forget your paper coupon, you can pull it up on your phone, show it to them, and they'll take it too. They let you use 1 coupon per person, so DH and I always check out separately so we can use 2 coupons.

We've got 3 HL stores within 15-25 minutes of our house, but I recently found out that they're putting in another store just a mile away! DH groaned, but he can't say much, because we're also getting a Bass Pro Shops and a Cabella's!
Old 06-15-2014, 03:00 PM

Quilty Louie, I love your fabric choices. So what are you going to make from all those wonderful fabrics.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:24 PM

I love my Hobby Lobby, for fabric. The quality varies, so you really have to feel the fabric. Some is LQS quality and some is only so-so. Most is in-between the two and of very good quality, for an extremely reasonable price.