Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hobby Lobby no longer honoring coupons >

Hobby Lobby no longer honoring coupons

Hobby Lobby no longer honoring coupons

Old 08-25-2016, 03:53 PM

.my local HL has honored the coupon before in the past by putting the regular price on the ticket and then I get 40% at the registar.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
I printed out the current coupon from Hobby Lobby this morning on my computer. While shopping at Hobby Lobby in Bettendorf, IA I was told that they are no longer honoring the 40% off coupon on fabric. Funny, the coupon I had in hand said it was good on up to 10 yards on one cut of fabric. They told me that they could no longer honor it because fabric is already 30% off everyday.
Has anyone else experienced this....and when did it change? I can see their point...but I think the wording on the coupon needs to be removed before changing the policy.
Yes, it happened to me a few months ago.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:44 AM

A friend of mine just tried to use a 40% coupon on a quilt book at JAF and it was refused. The clerk said it couldn't be used on books. She argued the point with another clerk (manager?) since that wasn't printed on the coupon and they went ahead and honored it. It's always something.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:52 AM

Still works in the store in Illinois!
Old 08-26-2016, 04:57 AM

I just purchased 4 yds of fabric at our Hobby Lobby that was posted 30% off and was able to use my 40% coupon instead. No issues.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:10 AM

I won't shop at HL for a variety of personal reasons.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:18 AM

I printed out the current coupon from Hobby Lobby this morning on my computer. While shopping at Hobby Lobby in Bettendorf, IA I was told that they are no longer honoring the 40% off coupon on fabric. Funny, the coupon I had in hand said it was good on up to 10 yards on one cut of fabric. They told me that they could no longer honor it because fabric is already 30% off everyday.
Has anyone else experienced this....and when did it change? I can see their point...but I think the wording on the coupon needs to be removed before changing the policy.
Yes, they should change the wording on that. I like the 30% off without the mess of coupons. The fabric prices at HL are reasonable. I use the 40% on thread, interfacing, battings, scissors, etc.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:51 AM

you obviously got someone new...the rule is....you can purchase the fabric at 40% off but they have to write the ticket up showing the original price before the 30% mark off and then they will take off 40% at the cash register. This is done on a regular basis at the store in Alabama where I worked for 4 years in the fabric department...UNLESS. THIS IS A STORE THAT DOES NOT ALLOW IT....possibly other stores make their own rules...the manager usually has the final say so I would call him/her into the department the next time I shopped there.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by jbj137 View Post
*** You could never use a coupon on MARKED down products.
*** It had to be REGULAR priced.
*** They will make the fabric at the REGULAR price and then you can use the coupon, but you must tell the cutter.
This is absolutely true and has been forever. I asked my Hobby Lobby (about 1-1/2 miles away!!!) about this and she told me the same thing. Just ask the employee before she starts to cut and they will out,in the original price and then you can use your coupon.

Also, if you have a smart phone be sure to get the HL app - there is a 40% coupon on there and you can use it once every single day, if you need/want to. And they do sell the authentic Kona from Ronert Kauffman.

Thanks,
Sandy in Mooresville, NC - I,love HL for things other than fabric, too.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:04 AM

The Hobby Lobby I shopped at in Okla. before moving to Iowa did not let me use the coupon on fabric because it was already discounted. I have shopped at the Lake Manawa Hobby Lobby in Council Bluffs and it was the same way, too. Also in Omaha.