Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: It holds my pedal in place!

Blog Entries
    I love the car mat idea. I have some from the last car I totalled. Wondered why I have been saving them. Going to give one of them a try since I sew in a carpeted room and am always chasing my foot control. I keep my sewing machne on a fabric placemat so I can scoot it out of the way for trimming, etc. I don't have trouble with that scooting away like the foot does.

I have hardwood floors in my sewing room and I have tried:
    Rubber shelf liner
    Velcro
    Mousepads
    Shortening the cord
    'Feet' made by putting lumps of hot glue on the bottom of the pedal

AND I have a back on my sewing table so technically the pedal should hit it and stay there - instead it goes sideways.

GGRRRRRRRRRR

Pedal Grip

I found just the thing to keep my machine pedal from sliding from a vendor at out last quilt show. Are you ready? The name of the product is "Get a Grip" by Martelli Enterprise from Pensacola, Fl phone # is 850-433-1414. This absolutely works! I bought one for my 2 sewing machines and my serger.

Blog Entries
    I also have a pedal mat from Martelli that I love...prior to it I used Steady Betty, the pedal stayed on the mat , but it moved on the rug.
    May your bobbins always be full and may your stash be never ending.

Quote Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
    My other problem. With a foot pedal is .........how do you stop a dog going asleep on the pedal.
    ...or insisting that the pedal is the only place to chew on his hoofie...or chew on toys on the leg connected to the foot that is operating the pedal...one way i have found...the right foot sews....the left foot wards off the doggy. helps to be dextrous though
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

I have a small square of the cushioned drawer liner. I also have it under my machines to cut down on noise.
    :-)
    CAS

i have a wood floor where i sew so I cut the rubber shelving the size of a small mat. my pedal stays but also my other foot can go on it instead of the cold floor cause i am one of those who can't sew with shoes.but away from the machine need my slippers on, go figure. LOL

i don't know if the mat cuts down on noise or not. just got a newish janome 1600p off craigs list. pretty quiet. but if i am machine quilting...my machines always slide a bit. so i just routinely set up this way now. haven't tried quilting on the janome yet, pretty heavy machine, but on the pad anyway. i sew in d room on 1800's oak table. also don't want it gouged by machine moving. and..i also sew w the pedal foot bare...get in the "groove" and am up and down one slipper on one off as i pin up on wall and back to machine...forgetting to put slipper back on the pedal foot. sometimes that foot gets pretty darned chilled
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

I use the ripply shelf liners that are like rubber. They come in different colors. You only need a small piece to put under the pedal, and it works on carpet or other surfaces.

Blog Entries
    Another solution that I haven't seen posted yet is to attach your foot pedal to the leg of your table, and sew with your knee, instead. I have an old Singer in a cabinet that has this option, it works pretty well!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast