Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Homespuns >

Homespuns

Homespuns

Old 04-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

wow- just looked at the french braid homespun quilt link---now i want to make one too- that is wonderful!
i would not have thought homespuns would be a good candidate for a french braid but seeing one really is inspirational! i just love it---hmmmm i wonder how many homespuns i have left??? probably not enough- i used up most of them on my strip home spun quilt in the picture --- i think i will re-think my ideas of what you need to use for a successful french braid
Old 04-15-2012, 06:37 PM

Thank you for your replies! I'm excited for Monday to get here so I can begin something new!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
wow- just looked at the french braid homespun quilt link---now i want to make one too- that is wonderful!
i would not have thought homespuns would be a good candidate for a french braid but seeing one really is inspirational! i just love it---hmmmm i wonder how many homespuns i have left??? probably not enough- i used up most of them on my strip home spun quilt in the picture --- i think i will re-think my ideas of what you need to use for a successful french braid
I never thought that much about homespun until I saw found this link and then I was hooked. I recently was given a few and can't wait until I can collect some more to make one. I think it's a stunning quilt. Who would have ever thought.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I'm collecting some; due to budget it'll be quite a while before I get enough homespun to do the job but I want to make a French Braid quilt. I'm including the link that I've book marked so you can see it. I wouldn't have thought it would be so pretty if I hadn't seen it.
http://keepyouinstitches.blogspot.co...-tutorial.html
Thank you for this link! Another quilt I want to make now!!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:53 AM

ckcowl I can see way your brothers love these quilts, I love it also.
romanojg thanks for the link I'm going to try that, love it. But I think I'll use feed sacks.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:37 PM

Default Too Nice

TY for the compliments on my homespun French Braid quilt! Y'all are so nice!!
Old 07-01-2012, 05:44 PM

My guild gave a quilt challenge to make plaids and stars. I made the spider web from Missouri Star Quilt Company using their template and paper and it turned out neat. See what the guild thinks of it.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
this is the quilt i made with homespuns- i've made a couple of them now- my brother's love these quilts for some reason
I think it would be fun to do a 1600 quilt where the strips were like this. Now I have to figure out if it's possible or not. What's the name of the pattern you used?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I'm collecting some; due to budget it'll be quite a while before I get enough homespun to do the job but I want to make a French Braid quilt. I'm including the link that I've book marked so you can see it. I wouldn't have thought it would be so pretty if I hadn't seen it.
oh judy...LOVE it! might have to do that one myself....i have lots of homespuns...this could be a great use of them!

betsey
Old 07-02-2012, 02:15 PM

I put a site up here before for a french braid done in homespun fabrics; alot of people liked it. I'm collecting them now so that I can make one. I had never been interested in french braids or homespuns until I saw this patten.

Sorry, didn't realize this was an older post and had to reply since I love his pattern.