Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: houston international quilt festival

houston international quilt festival

how many of our lucky people got to attend the quilt show here in houston? i was lucky enough to go for three days, i volunteered as a quilt angel all three days, then spent the rest of the day shopping and looking at all the beautiful quilts....it truly inspires me to get home and start quilting!!! and the shopping...OMG!!!! 950 vendors!! it was truly heaven!! anyone else get to go?? how did you like it?? gina
    grumpy90650

I did, I did!!! I went today with my BF (aka "the enabler") and came home super inspired, tired feet and empty wallet (mine and his) and pretty additions to my stash. I saw, I bought, I had a great time! How long till next year???
    Quilting makes me happy!..

Blog Entries
    We went, my daughter and I. First trip...did the preview on Wed and left this morning for the long trip home, 8 hours driving. But it was worth every minute, overload, brain is racing thinking of sew many quilts to get done
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Diet Dr. Pepper in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Blog Entries
    It was such a thrill to get to go for my very first time. A group of six of us went together.....what fun! Beautiful quilts every where and way too many vendors in one place!!!!! I wanted everything It will take me days to settle down and focus on one project at a time. Loved the whole experience

Ahhhh! One day I hope. I look at any pictures I find of the show. It is on my bucket list. :-)

I didn't get to go, but the owners of the quilt shop where I teach go. That means in the next couple of weeks I'll be getting new patterns and material to do store samples. It's always fun to see what they bring back. I would love to go sometime.
    gmaybee

I hope to attend next year. My brother lives outside Houston and I could go for a visit with a little side trip to the quilt show!

MTS
    Banned
    Here's a link to pictures of the winning quilts

http://www.quilts.org/winners.html

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries

Cool

Lucky you! I hope to one day go but that is just a distant dream at this stage.
    True friends are like diamonds
    They are precious and rare.

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS View Post
    Here's a link to pictures of the winning quilts

http://www.quilts.org/winners.html
    Thanks for the link to the winning quilts!
    True friends are like diamonds
    They are precious and rare.