Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: how big is too big?

What is the largest machine I can put on a Little Gracie ll frame? size and model will be helpful right now I have a Baby Lock quilters choice and am looking for bigger throat space. Thanks for any help

measure the distance between your poles.. that is the largest one.. bigger than that would be over kill.

Blog Entries
    I would call the Grace company:
    1-800-264-0644

Blog Entries
    You should call the company and ask that question of them. It all depends on how the frame is constructed. I have the same machine on a New Joy frame, but because of how the bottom part of the frame is constructed, that's the largest throat machine I can put on the frame.

Not only will you want to ask the Grace Co. the biggest throat size, but also the maximum weight the frame carriage can handle. Kepping both size and weight in mind, you can begin searching for a new machine.

I believe the HQ 16 would fit on the Little Gracie II frame. Call the company, they have a great customer service dept. and can answer that question. I'm pretty sure that's what they told me a couple of years ago.

Blog Entries
    I have a little gracie II frame and anything larger than 13 or 15 inches would be a waste. The distance between the top poles is the restricting factor.

Thanks for the help. guess I was having a brain bubble,lol , I never thought to ask the co. guess thats a good place to start. thanks again.