Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can I hand quilt a drunkards path

Has any one hand quilted a drunkards path? I need suggestions. Thanks Speranza94

I just quilted in straight lines, 1/4 in from the seams.And did some small flowers in the larger areas of the squares

Banned
    lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.
    Get a bottle of wine, drink 1/2 of it. look at the quilt trying to figure out how to quilt it. drink somemore wine. look at the quilt cross eyed and dizzy. have another glass of wine, pick up your needle and thread. finish the bottle of wine and pop open another and start quilting away. however the quilt comes out just tell everyone you were drunk when you quilted it because that is what you thought the rules were to quilt a drunkards path. WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL those are my rules....LOL

welcome to the board!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by speranza94
    Has any one hand quilted a drunkards path? I need suggestions. Thanks Speranza94
    I made two druckards path i machine quilted mine but you can do a flower in the circle and if you have a border do some kind of design on there, i have two borders and i did designs on both borders

dsj

I can't quit laughing, silly girl, I believe you are right wine is the answer to lots of things. It wouldn't take me long 2 sips I can't feel my nose, 3 take my keys away, seriously. I would have that quilting pattern figured out guickly.

dsj

speranza94, I am looking at quilting designs of the past, it is showing the quilting design as a mirrored image of your pattern on the pieced block and alternating block. It looks really nice.

Banned
    lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsj
    I can't quit laughing, silly girl, I believe you are right wine is the answer to lots of things. It wouldn't take me long 2 sips I can't feel my nose, 3 take my keys away, seriously. I would have that quilting pattern figured out guickly.
    what I find even funnier is that I don't drink at all....

Thank you for the laugh . This is going to be a great group.

Where did you find the quilt pattern for this quilt. Thanks for finding it.

Blog Entries
    I did one and quilted the circular sections following the curve and about 1 1/2 inches apart, and the straight sections or outer sections of the square I quilted straight from curved section to outer edges. If you need pics let me know and I will send... Looks great, even if colors were too busy....
    Ellen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast