Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How can I keep Decor-Bond fused

How can I keep Decor-Bond fused

When using Decor-Bond as an interfacing, I follow the directions to fuse the interfacing to individual cut pieces of material - use steam, hot iron, damp pressing cloth. All seems to be good but the next day when I go to sew the pieces together, the Decor-Bond is not longer fused to back of material. Does anyone have this problem? What am I doing wrong?

Sometimes I have this issue... I have taken to spray basting Decor- Bond.

Blog Entries
    Do you pre wash your fabrics? Do you use some kind of pressing spray such as starch or Mary Ellen's? I've had trouble with the fusible sticking to unwashed fabrics and fabrics that I have sprayed with starch in the past.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I don't use steam on mine. I use a pretty hot iron and a dry pressing cloth. I just used some last night on 2 purses I was commissioned to make and after just checking, they are still adhered. I wish there was a better way because I don't like using this stuff but it does make the purse look nice!
    Gloria 

Thanks for advise. I did not wash material first nor did I use starch. Will try a dry iron with dry pressing cloth. If all else fails will use spray basting.

Have you tried Soft and Stable instead of decor bond? I feel like I should buy stock in the company I like it so much. It is basically a thin foam with fabric on both sides. It gives the support of decor bond without fusing (you stitch it to the fabric) and it is very light weight. It is made ByAnnie
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Will check it out. Thanks, pattypurple, for suggestion.